Christmas Networking Event: Have yourself a Sustainable ChristmasDecember 9, 2013
The Bright Green Business Network and Midlothian and East Lothian Chamber of Commerce ran a Christmas Networking Event in partnership with The George Hotel on Tuesday 3rd December from 2-5pm. This event provided attendees with an opportunity to introduce their business over tea and cake and to network on an informal basis in a festive setting.
The event began with an opportunity to view and buy from sustainably minded companies showcasing their products at the event, these companies included:
- Cooks Desire
- Cuddybridge Apple Juice
- Made By Lara
- Miss IntegriTEA
- Passion Earth
Louise Evison, Project Manager at Bright Green Business, welcomed attendees to the event and Lucy Davies, Sales Manager at The George Hotel, introduced attendees to the Hotel.
Louise then presented on Bright Green Business discussing the company in more detail and discussing membership to the network, Bright Green Placements and the Green Ticks Environmental Management System.
Attendees were invited to take part in ‘Christmas Bingo Networking’, this involved guests networking around the room to fill in the squares on their Bingo sheets with names of attendees. Prizes were given for a line, full house and whoever got the most business cards. The networking was well received and great fun!
Presentations followed where we heard from Graham Stoddart from CuddyBridge Apple Juice who talked about how his company sustainably sources his products. Abigail Macleod, Account Executive at Vegware then presented on their eco-friendly, fully biodegradable products and the success of the company. Finally Derek Panton, Implementation Advisor at Resource Efficient Scotland, discussed the benefits of being resource efficient and how you can manage your environmental impact over the Christmas period.
To close, attendees were invited to take a tour of The George to view their beautiful scenery and rooms.
Thank you to all who attended, we hope you enjoyed our Christmas event!
- April Newsletter: Green minded
- BGBN: April 2016 Newsletter
- BGBN: Events & Updates July 2015
- BGBN: Network News July 2015
- BGBN: Events & Updates June 2015
- BGBN: Network News June 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: May 2015
- BGBN Network News: May 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: April 2015
- BGBN Network News: April 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: March 2015
- BGBN Network News: March 2015
- BGBN Network News: February 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: January 2015
- BGBN Network News: January 2015
- Events and Updates in December 2014
- November 2014 Newsletter: Network News
- October Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- October Newsletter 2014: Network News
- September Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- September Newsletter 2014: Network News
- August Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- August Newsletter 2014: Network News
- July Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- July Newsletter 2014: Network News
- June Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- June Newsletter 2014: Network News
- May Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- May Newsletter 2014: Network News
- April Newsletter 2014
- March Newsletter 2014
- February Newsletter 2014
- January Newsletter 2014
- December Newsletter 2013
- November Newsletter 2013
- October Newsletter 2013
- September Newsletter 2013
- August Newsletter 2013
- July Newsletter 2013
- June Newsletter 2013
- April Newsletter 2013
- March Newsletter 2013
- February Newsletter 2013
- January Newsletter 2013