Members Gathering: Renewable Energy in MidlothianOctober 24, 2013
A members gathering event took place on Thursday 17th October at the Edinburgh College Dalkeith campus.
The joint renewable energy event was run with the Bright Green Business Network and the Mid & East Lothian Chamber of Commerce. The event was centred on the developments of renewable energy in the Midlothian area. Guests were welcomed by Simon Earp, Vice Principal for Corporate Development at Edinburgh College.
The event provided an excellent opportunity to view Scotland’s first solar meadow within the College grounds which features more than 2,500 photo-voltaic panels. Despite the adverse weather conditions the guests were highly impressed.
Guests then heard from industry experts on the development of other renewable energy technologies in Midlothian. Karen Thorburn from Wind Prospect Developments discussed the expected economic benefit, community benefit and the potential carbon savings from their proposed small-scale wind farm in the Mount Lothian area in Penicuik.
Robert Steele, Director at Grid Post then presented the progress that his organisation had made in the field of solar energy. He presented examples of prototypes that his organisation, in conjunction with Heriot Watt University, had designed to be attached to Street lights in order to power them.
Fiona McCann, Operations Director at Scottish Chambers of Commerce then discussed the GADGET programme. This is a pan-European programme which aims to improve the links between businesses and universities working in the sphere of environmental and energy solutions.
Finally, George Archibald, Chief Executive of the Business Partnership rounded up proceedings by thanking the speakers for their informative talks and also the guests for their attendance.
This event demonstrated the progress being made by the renewable energy sector in Midlothian and also provided an excellent opportunity to network with other companies from across the central belt.
- April Newsletter: Green minded
- BGBN: April 2016 Newsletter
- BGBN: Events & Updates July 2015
- BGBN: Network News July 2015
- BGBN: Events & Updates June 2015
- BGBN: Network News June 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: May 2015
- BGBN Network News: May 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: April 2015
- BGBN Network News: April 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: March 2015
- BGBN Network News: March 2015
- BGBN Network News: February 2015
- BGBN Events & Updates: January 2015
- BGBN Network News: January 2015
- Events and Updates in December 2014
- November 2014 Newsletter: Network News
- October Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- October Newsletter 2014: Network News
- September Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- September Newsletter 2014: Network News
- August Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- August Newsletter 2014: Network News
- July Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- July Newsletter 2014: Network News
- June Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- June Newsletter 2014: Network News
- May Newsletter 2014: Events & Updates
- May Newsletter 2014: Network News
- April Newsletter 2014
- March Newsletter 2014
- February Newsletter 2014
- January Newsletter 2014
- December Newsletter 2013
- November Newsletter 2013
- October Newsletter 2013
- September Newsletter 2013
- August Newsletter 2013
- July Newsletter 2013
- June Newsletter 2013
- April Newsletter 2013
- March Newsletter 2013
- February Newsletter 2013
- January Newsletter 2013